Admission Procedures for the 2010-2011 School year
Rosemary Hall Montessori aims to admit children of any economic and social class, racial and ethnic heritage, religious belief and family structure. The following is the recommended Admissions Procedure:
- Fill in the online registration form on this website.
- You will be contacted by a member of our admissions office and advised on the availability of space for the enrolment day of your choosing and the applicable fees for the program. If there is available space, you will be sent an enrolment form. If there is no available space for the Semester of your choosing, your child will be placed on the waitlist upon request.
- Complete the enrolment form and send it to the school with copies of your child’s birth certificate and both parents’ Singapore NRIC cards, PR Cards, or Passports if foreign. Please contact the school for details on pricing and and wire transfers/ check payments, at +65 64936918 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you withdraw your child at least 4 weeks before his start date,your entire deposit will be refunded to you, but not the registration fee.
- If you are placing your child on a waitlist, you will need to pay a waitlist deposit to hold your place until your child begins school with us as well as a registration fee. The waitlist deposit will be counted towards your first month school fees when your child begins his or her classes; should you withdraw your child before the chosen start date at the school, the waitlist fee will be forfieted. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- A parent might also choose an interview with the Principal and/ or class teachers, the aim of which is to develop a relationship with the school that is fundamental to the continued involvement of the parent in his child’s education.
Our school’s academic year runs from January to December and follows the Singapore school’s system of semester breaks in June (1 month), March (1 week), September (1 week) and December (1 month). We run holiday programmes during the June and December breaks.
We collect fees on a termly basis. Please inquire at email@example.com for the fee structure for the specific program you are interested in.
School uniforms can be purchased from the school. Parents will be advised during orientation week as well as in the parent handbook on the necessary daily belongings to be packed from home, such as a change of clothes and a water bottle.
All required payments must be made before the child's first day in school. Application is only considered complete if accompanied by the appropriate payments.
Because Rosemary Hall sometimes experiences attrition between enrolment and the start of school, a certain number of vacancies is anticipated. Therefore, after classes are filled, some children may still be accepted on a wait list. If a space is not currently available, your child will be placed in queue on the wait list. Should an opening occur, all the applicants in the waiting pool are reviewed and an applicant is selected for the space. The priority runs as follows: Siblings of currently or previously enrolled students are offered the first spaces; Qualified new applicants are offered the remaining spaces on a first come first serve basis.
Orientation Week will be the first week of School during which uniform purchases, school tours and curriculum outlines will be handed out.
During this time, parents familiarize themselves with the daily program and schedule, pick up and drop off points etc.
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the orientation with their child, who will also have an opportunity to meet his or her new classmates and familiarize himself or herself with the new environment.
*We aim to provide healthy balanced diets for our children and are particular about MSG, salt and sugar content. If you have a dietary concern, please highlight this to our Admissions staff. Our children occasionally receive "Goody Bags" at birthday parties and events. If you are concerned about receiving candy in your child's bag, please inform us and we will remove it from the bag before she receives it. Thank you.